Is it time to update your routines? What are you holding on to

It seems like everyone is talking about what they are doing these days.

        What they do to make money

        What they do to create content

        What they do to have successful relationship

When was the last time someone brought you in on what they stopped doing?

I have been on this journey of discovery. Self discovery, Discovering my business language, Focusing on career growth, Refining relationships. You know all the things. I turn 35 in a couple of weeks and I want to savor the essence of the life I have worked so hard to create. In doing so I have had to let go of a lot of things that I was holding on to. I'm not even speaking of relationships. I will be the first one to let you know, if someone is toxic and doesn't push you towards growth to let them go. But I'm speaking of the rituals in life that we have established along the way. Have you ever done somet
hing routine and wondered when did you even start doing it and most importantly why. 

One thing I used to do religiously was take a shower with my toddler. I was getting clean, she was getting clean and we were both ready for bed. The problem was. We were both ready for bed. I was cuddle in the bed with her after and we would both knock out. Where was the me time.  Where was that personal time with my spouse. It was non existent. I had to take a step back and realize it was time to let that ritual go. The little one could play and enjoy her bath time and I could usually get a little quiet time after putting her to bed. I found I was more well rested in the morning because I was able to decompress at the end of the day. 

Are there any rituals that you have picked up along the way that are not serving you anymore? Take a moment to reflect on the things you do religiously. Would slight tweaks give you more peace of mind, strengthen relationships and or promote self care? Is it time to update your routines. It was for me.

If you would like to hear more about what I have stopped doing click the link



Comments