We all can't go viral. Celebrate the little victories!


 Success Does Not Happen Over Night!

In the age of social media "going viral" is a thing. There are internet successes that literally happen over night. There are so many people who post something that catches the eye of the masses and BOOM they are an internet sensation. This will not happen to the majority of us. WE ALL CAN'T GO VIRAL.  Often times going viral is a one time circumstance and then the person fizzes into the background like the rest of us. 

In today's blog we will be discussing ways to remain inspired while in your growth phase.

1. Know Your Audience

As an aspiring content creator I remember being upset that people that I considered myself to be close with did not indulge in my content. Why would none of my subscribers or likes be from individuals that I knew in real life. This is an obstacle that most "influensters" have had to overcome. What I realized as I grew up in the industry is that someone knowing me in real life does not make them my audience. My audience are individuals who are juggling life while aspiring to become better and reach their goals. My dad. .. Not my audience. My children... definately not my audience. I had to get my brain to understand that. It took a very long time. But now that I get it I'm reminding you. Know your audience. Understand who you are trying to relate to and focus on them. If you gain others on the way thats great but it will most likely not be your direct circle.

2. Remain Relevant

Last year I challenged myself to do 365 days of vlogging. Vlogs were something that I love to watch and enjoyed creating. They were also something that I wasn't that great at doing and did not grow my audience. I had lost a lot of relevance. Instead of continuing to produce relevant content that promoted engagement with my audience I created what I wanted to and experienced little to no growth. The vlogs did help the audience that was already present get to know me a little more but did not resonate with a potential audience. A healthy balance between what you enjoy creating and what your audience would like to receive from you is how you remain relevant and grow your platform. Another way to remain relevant is to conduct audits on your platforms. Breaking down your analytics and being honest about what is working helps you get to know your audience better and understand what they enjoy. This helps maintain the audience you currently have and intrigues others to join your community. 

3. Celebrate the little victories

This step is critical in maintaining my drive and enthusiasm when it comes to content creation. It's easy to get in a headspace where you feel that you are not growing. .. at all. I would check my audience numbers and feel like there was no growth. Then I decided to go the extra mile so that I could accurately measure my growth. My findings. I was wrong all along. I am growing. Slowly but every week theres people who are deciding to join mu internet community. People that I couldn't let down because they took the additional steps to hover over and click the subscribe or follow button. Since then I began keeping track of my growth so that I could celebrate the small victories. I thought I was not growing and it turns out I am... small victory. People have actually purchased from my etsy... small victory. I'm learning new techniques that my audience is responding well to.... small victory. In celebrating the small victories I maintain the passion behind my platforms and have created a positive circle of growth and engagement. Your audience can tell when you are frustrated. Small victories helps keep you positive and fulfilled even if you have not reached the plateau that you desire.  

If you would like to learn more about overcoming obstacles of a micro influencer check out the video linked here.






Comments