Build your Plan A while working your Plan B

We get up daily and give all of ourselves to a job that is not our passion. It pays the bills but leaves so much of who we are on the table collecting dust.

There is a time in a business owner's life when they eat, sleep, and breathe their own creation. Of course we get up and clock in because hey, you have to eat. But there's a shift that happens when your hobby, that thing you loved that you turned into a side hustle is now breathing life into you. It becomes more than just something to do, it encompasses YOU. It showcases your personality, your style, your aura to anyone who comes into contact with it. Whether it's a tangible business or content creator. It becomes who you are.

It has shifted from a hobby to a possible plan B. Then one day you're simply not ok with it being a plan B anymore, it becomes the goal. You begin to think.

what if I could make this a lifestyle
what if I could really do what I love
what if I could put all my energy into my business

You are building your PLAN A while working your PLAN B.

It may not sound like there's much of a difference between what I described at the beginning of this blog to this concept. The difference is HUGE!

Let me take my husband for an example. My husband did shows for the youth in his community in his 20's. He found himself paying a lot. out of pocket to get merchandise created for each event. Someone told him one day 'hey why don't you learn to do that on your own?" So he did. He learned the art of vinyl pressed merchandise. He began creating his own merchandise and did a few orders here and there. [HOBBY]. Word began to spread about his skillset and he began picking up more orders as well as learned other crafts in the same genre such as screen printing. He began acquiring more equipment and establishing his brand. [PLAN B]. Fast forward a few years and the business is a living brand. He worked tirelessly during his off time from his "job" and built. A shift had happened, he was setting things in motion and devising a plan to transition away from traditional and into giving 100% to HIS creation. [ Building PLAN A while working PLAN B]

Not everyone will get here and that's ok. I will probably NEVER get here with my youtube and blog combined. This isn't speaking down on my babies, it's simply being realistic. It takes a lot to make these types of outlets financial lifestyles. Though I love creating content I am not counting on them to pay my bills. That is not a fail. But if your goal is to create a lifestyle where your no longer working for someone else it may be time to evaluate if your mindset has shifted and if you yourself are building PLAN A while working PLAN B. If you haven't started to make this shift evaluating why you aren't and what steps you need to do to get there are necessary. 

Only you can decide If you want to make this shift and what it's going to take to get there. 

The caliber of your entity is up to you; make it whatever you desire because it's yours!

Comments