Mental Reset. Why it's necessary & Travel tips during the Pandemic



 
It feels as if life has been snowballing since last summer. Last summer I lost both of my grandparents. I pressed my way into a new year. Opened my first business and submerged myself with work and parenthood. It was time for a mental reset. 

August 2021 I turned 35. Jokingly a few months ago I told my husband that I wanted to go to Puerto Rico and he made it happen. We are a family of small stays here and there. We will do a night at the beach or local staycation but I had never been "out the country" ( yes I know PR is part of the US but you know what I mean). On top of traveling to a place where I had never been we stayed for 5 DAYS! Life had taken  me a long way from the teenaged mother who resided in survival mode. 

It didn't take long before I realized I was in the midst of a mental reset. I was able to wake up without an alarm, was able to take care of myself knowing my children were safe and enjoying themselves with family

Benefits of a Mental Reset

Clarity. Friends of the page know I did a personal fast a little while back. I was in search of direction. I had envisioned my life up until now but never ever thought how life would be past 35. Becoming a mother at 17 trained me to always think in regards to my children's ages. I stopped at 35 because my oldest is now 17. Now what. I was able to gain clarity on the direction I wanted to go next in my life. I was able to have quiet time with God and my husband. 


Connection. Our trip started off as a 2 person couples trip. Just Bae and I.
We mentioned it to a few people who were close to us and it turned into a family affair. We were able to build memories with people who we haven't been able to in a very long time. We all needed to hit the reset button and this was the perfect opportunity.

FUN! When was the last time you have had pure fun. Laughter, excitement and oh man so much amazing food. The pandemic has been a fun blocker but getting away helped us remember who we were before everything changed. 

Imagine me on an ATV going 5 miles an hour. The tour guide told me in his best English that if I didn't speed up he would put me on the back of someone else's vehicle. I will never forget it. Sis sped up though. 

Balling on a Budget

If 2020 has done anything it's made the majority of our money a little funny. The job market, housing market, stock market. Well all the market's are having their ups and deep downs. Let me share with you how to reset without breaking the bank.

Groupon.  If you don't know what groupon is you have been missing out. Groupon is a site where businesses can post deeply discounted goods/services in an effort to drive their business. You can purchase experiences for everything. I literally am planning my husband's 41st birthday as I type this and have been scouring groupon all day. Things I love to purchase from groupon are spa treatments, kids adventures and I just learned today that you can book hotels on there as well SOLD. The icing on the cake is that groupon is one of the thousands of sites on Rakuten allowing you to earn cash back! 

Staycation. I love a good staycation but there's a few things you have to do to elevate it. 1. Kids night out. There's only a handful of places I trust my kids overnight but for a mental reset I plan with my support system so my reset can coincide with them spending the night away. If you can't have a busy day and put the kids to bed early so you have quiet time. 2. Plan. You have to plan how you want your staycation to go in order for it to be successful. What are you going to eat, what will you do, how will you relax, what is going to make this different from an ordinary night at home. 3. Follow through. You have to follow through with your plan. Make your home feel different in order to set the mood for a mental evolution, 

Safety First.

Whether your at home or abroad safety is a must. I am not here to discuss anyone's vaccination status because that is your personal choice. I am here to share what we did to remain safe during our trip. Honestly a lot of the things we did were things we did prior to the pandemic.

Sanitization. I travel with Clorox wipes and disinfectant spray religiously. The thought of sharing a space someone has occupied immediately before me never sets right with me so I sanitize. Airplane seats, hotel bathroom, hotel bed and my number one area; hotel remote control. 

Mask Up. Masks are mandatory regardless of your vaccination status. Keeping your self and your loved ones safe has to remain a priority. Over comfort. Over photos. I appreciated the restrictions in place while we traveled as well as how willing our companions on the trip were to also wear their mask. We remained reserved and respected our space and the space of others.

This chapter of my life is called Reflection of Her. I hope the last few posts have challenged you to reflect on your journey as well. No two stories are the same, we are all pressing towards our individual goals. Whether your in a place where you can book a trip or plan a staycation I hope you leave space in your calendar for a mental reset. I feel as if I am ready to take on whatever life has for me in this season and I want this peace for you as well.

But what do I know. I'm just an ordinary girl

Check out the latest blog posts here

Comments